Gold Rush Grant
About the Grant
The Gold Rush Grant is offered by invitation only to selected students who are within two semesters of graduating from UNC Charlotte and have demonstrated financial need during their senior year at the University.
Amount of Grant
The Gold Rush Grant Program provides a one-time grant award of $1,500 to select students.
- Selected students were notified of the grant offer and acceptance requirements by email and mail.
- Students who submit the participation form by the deadline in the offer email will have their award applied to their student account within two weeks.
If you have been selected to receive the Gold Rush Grant and notified via email:
- Submit the Gold Rush Grant participation form, provided in your offer sent to your University email, by the indicated deadline.
- If you submit the Gold Rush Grant participation form, by the deadline indicated in your offer email, your award will be applied to your student account within two weeks on submission.
- Decide which two of the activities below you will complete.
- Once you have submitted your Gold Rush participation form, you will be added to a Canvas course where you can submit proof of completion of your two activities.
- Acceptable documentation proving completion of each activity can be found in the description above and in Canvas.
- Complete your two activities by Dec. 1, 2023.
Gold rush grant future-building activities
To receive the Gold Rush grant, you must agree to participate in two activities designed to help you become more successful in your future career, and complete by Dec. 1, 2023. Below is a description of the activities from which you will choose:
Activity 1: Write Your Degree Completion Plan
Your degree completion plan will describe which courses you will take to ensure you will be able to complete your degree in the appropriate amount of time.
Activity 2: Have Your Resume Approved
- Go to the Big Interview website.
- Go to the “Assignments” tab and enter your assignment code of 836330 to conduct a free, online practice interview with a webcam.
- View Big Interview instructions and evaluation rubric.
- Proof of completion: Email the interview feedback you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may first choose to obtain feedback by a career advisor through an appointment or a drop in session. Once your resume is finalized, submit your resume to Hire-A-Niner for approval by a staff member.
- Please allow up to 5 business days for processing.
Activity 3: Attend a Career Fair or Meet-Up
Activity 4: Do a Mock Interview
Choose one of the following interview options:
Activity 5: Participate in CashCourse
- Cash Course is an online Financial Literacy module designed to help you learn effective ways to save, spend, and budget your money both in college and after graduation.
- Online financial education courses through instructor assignments or self-study
- Customizable financial tools such as worksheets, a Budget Wizard, quizzes, and calculators
- A personal dashboard to track your progress
- Articles and resources on topics that students can relate to
- A guide to real-life money questions
- CashCourse Provides:
- Register for CashCourse here
- Once registered on CashCourse, click the Financial Tools tab and select Coursework.
- Complete one of the following assignments
- Be Credit Savvy
- Budgeting Basics
- Getting Started with Saving & Investing
- Paying Back Student Loans
Proof of Completion: Complete at least one assignment and upload a screenshot of the results to Assignments in the Fall 2023 Gold Rush Grant Canvas Page.