All scholarships must be applied for through the NinerScholars Portal. UNC Charlotte does not automatically award merit or need-based scholarships to any student using information from their admission application or student record.
How to apply for scholarships:
Follow these steps to get matched with scholarship opportunities in the NinerScholars Portal.
- Log in to the NinerScholars Portal
Build your scholarship profile
- Incoming students
- You must be accepted to UNC Charlotte and activate your NinerNET account to login to the NinerScholars Portal.
- If you have not activated your NinerNET account, locate your NinerNET username in the top right corner of your acceptance letter, and click here. If you already activated your NinerNET account, but forgot your username or password, request it here.
- Current students
- All students need to reapply each year.
- Your scholarship profile and applications do not carry over from one year to the next.
- If you do not update your profile in NinerScholars each year and complete the required application materials, you will not be considered for scholarships awarded for the next academic year.
Get matched to scholarships
- Once your profile is built, you’ll immediately be matched with scholarships you may be eligible for. Then you decide which you want to apply for.
- Be sure you submit all required application materials (i.e., essay, resume, references) by 11:59pm on the deadline date for each scholarship opportunity.
Log in to NinerScholars Portal